The Singles Box League has begun. You can find your box, opponents and details of format at the following link:
- You play each other person in your box once
- Matches are best 2 out of 3 sets with a tie break if the set goes to 6 – 6
- Please try to schedule, play and report your matches as early as you can
- All matches must be completed by May 31st
- All players will have 4 or 5 matches to play before May 31st
A Quick Note on Assignment of Initial Boxes
To get initial boxes and start the league, players had to be selected into groups. This involved a lot of marginal calls on very little clear evidence and several instances where several players could have gone into either of 2 tiers. To remove potential bias, many of these calls were drawn at random.
I’m pretty sure this will lead to a few situations where you feel there are people in the Tier above who you could beat. That’s pretty much unavoidable and this is just a starting point. Win the games in your current box, get promoted and you can get them next season.